Greyhound Racing Betting
Greyhound Betting on races is a classic entertainment, and today the online and mobile bookmakers in New Zealand mean you can enjoy this pastime whenever and wherever you wish to. This seamless integration into daily life is ideal for busy and dynamic players and means you need never miss even a moment of fun again.
A Background to Greyhounds
Greyhounds have been great companions to people since ancient times, and Cleopatra, Alexander the Great, William the Conqueror and Queen Elizabeth the First all favoured these beautiful animals. They have served numerous functions, from courtly pets to jackrabbit hunters and guard dogs. They continue their proud history today, whether as respected sprinters or as beloved members of a household.
In greyhound racing, the dogs chase artificial lures around a track and can reach speeds of up to seventy-two kilometres per hour, much faster than those speeds seen in horse racing betting. Greyhounds are the second-fastest mammals in the world, and watching them speed by is truly exhilarating.
|1||5/5||100% Match up to $250 NZD|| Bet now|
|2||4.9/5||100% Match Bonus|| Bet now|
|3||4.8/5||Login to see promotions|| Bet now|
Greyhound Betting Types
Several different types of greyhound bets are possible in the greyhound racing betting world, which keeps things very exciting. There are two greyhound betting systems used, the first of which is the pari-mutuel or poll betting system. Here, greyhound bets of the same type are pooled together, and payouts are divided among all winners. The second system is the poll betting one, where odds are fixed when you place the bet and these determine your return. Each of these is better in different situations, and you will soon get to know which one works best for in which circumstances. Besides regularly changing exotic mobile sports bets, the greyhound bets that the two systems apply to are listed below.
- Straight and Place greyhound bets allow you to simply predict a winner. In a Place bet you win if your dog comes in first or second.
- For Each Way bets you receive your full winnings if your chosen dog finishes first, and part of them if it places second or third
- For an Exacta, also called a straight forecast or a Perfecta, you must the two dogs you think will come first and second. They must place in the right order for you to win. A reverse forecast or Quiniela is the same but the order doesn’t matter.
- Trifecta and a Superfecta bets reward you if you correctly select the first three and four spots respectively
- You can make between two to twelve selections on one ticket in a Multiple bet, but each has to win before you take the ticket.
- Head-to-Head wagers require you to say which of two hounds you think will place higher in the race.
- In Over/Under bets, you need to say whether the first and second dogs’ winning distance will be under or over the bookmaker’s prediction.
- In a Winning Trap bet your punt is on whether the winning hound will have an even or odd trap number.
- Combination bets are exciting and involve several different punts where you can wager on up to four dogs.
Greyhound Bets NZ
Greyhound racing betting has always been one of the most satisfying ways to punt, and never more so than in the mobile betting in New Zealand today. As technology continues to improve and you continue to research and place greyhound bets, you will find that you and your playing experiences will both get better and better.